James Bond Island Private Tour
James Bond Island Private Tour
One of our most popular day trip destinations is the world-renowned James Bond Island Private Tour, which takes you to Phang Nga Bay. This luxury VIP speedboat Private Tour allows you to enjoy famous sights, along with more active pursuits such as exploring caves in the area and taking a canoe out around the formations.
Whilst on our James Bond Island Private Tour, you will get to discover the stunning and vast karst limestone seascapes which jut out of the emerald-green water, giving the Phang Nga Bay area a truly unique and visually stunning location to explore.
Of course, our experienced teams will get you to the famous Koh Tapu (James Bond Island) to enjoy the scenery of probably the most notorious spot in Phang Nga Bay. Boats are not allowed too close, as this is a protected marine area, but you can get snap happy at the famous sight from Koh Ping Ghan; an island with an immensely tall leaning rock and some small caves to explore.
Since the mid-1970s, James Bond Island has been popular with tourists as it became a major attraction following its appearance in the Bond movie, The Man With The Golden Gun; where it provided the hideout for Bond’s antagonist – Scaramanga.
In fact, this destination has continued to prove so popular that in the pre-pandemic days there were near on 1 million people per year coming to the area. Of course, this helped support the locals, shops, restaurants, and the floating Muslim community of Koh Panyee; where huts, restaurants, and even a floating football pitch are built over the water.
However, Covid-19 brought with it a harsh blow to the community with barely any visitors; on the other hand, it provided the peace and quiet that this area needed so very much. In turn, with more or less no tourists and far fewer boats venturing out to the area, this famous landmark and surrounding areas got their first chance in over 40 years to recover and recuperate.
The James Bond Island Private Tour is certainly something that should be on your bucket list, especially now that it is quieter than ever before. This Private Tour has something for everyone; whether you want to experience stunning seascapes, partake in canoeing, caving or explore famous locations; in more peace and quiet than in the last 40 years.
James Bond Islands Private Tour Highlights
Your James Bond Island Private Tour will accommodate your desires for the day. Our experienced captains and crew will help you beat the crowds and give you a day to remember. Some of the stops you might want to make on your day trip include:
- Stop by Panak Island to float along gently inside one of the hidden caves surrounded by mangroves, before enjoying a peaceful golden bay all to yourselves.
- Move onto Ko Kudu Yai to take in the exquisite beauty of the clear turquoise water in this stunning lagoon.
- At lunchtime why not make your way to the small island community of Koh Panyee; where huts, houses, and restaurants are built on stilts over the water.
- Then get your Bond Instagram to pose ready as you make your way to James Bond Island, which can be viewed from Koh Ping Ghan.
- Continue on your James Bond Island Private Tour with some sea canoeing or cave exploring before making your way back to base.
- Perhaps you might make a final sunset stop at Koh Pear, a small strip of an island that looks and feels like you are walking on water – a perfect end to the day.