Here’s what you need to know about the island hopping, the check-in process, the do’s and the don’ts for your first 14 days as a Sandbox customer:
Where can you go in the first 14 days?
Within the first 14 days of arriving in Phuket, Sandbox customers are currently able to go to:
- Coral Island
- Mai Ton
- A combination of these 3
Where do Sandbox customers depart from?
There are 3 sandbox customer departure points in Phuket, these are:
- Ao Por
- Chalong Pier
- Rassada Pier
What paperwork is required?
Before the departure date, Sandbox customers need to provide:
- Passport copy
- Vaccination documentation
On the day of the tour please also bring your mobile phone with MorChana app installed.
What happens when you get to the pier?
- Check-in on your MorChana app on your mobile phone
- Your temperature will be checked
- 5 Star Marine team will help submit your documents and paperwork to the Marine Department
After these 3 steps, you are cleared to get onto the boat and can enjoy your day trip!
What happens when you return to pier?
- Once again, you will need to check in on your MorChana app on your mobile phone
- Your temperature will be checked
- You can then get on the bus to return to your hotel
So, as you can see there is plenty that Sandbox customers can enjoy, see and do for a day out at sea. Snorkel or relax on the sandy beaches at Coral Island, try your luck at spotting the friendly dolphins around Mai Ton, or go a little further to the white beaches and fantastic marine life at Racha.
5 Star Marine can help at each step of the way, they have tried and tested the process, are TAT SHA Plus certified, and will make sure you have a day to remember.
Contact us on 093 720 6221 to book your Sandbox-approved day trip.
“Can I go to Phi Phi?” Well, with some requirements to be aware of, 5 Star Marine have broken these down for you. We know the rules, we have been through the process so that we know exactly what to do and how to do it. . so here is the lowdown:
WHO is allowed to go to Phi Phi National Park areas:
- Sandbox customers cannot go to Phi Phi during the first 14 days after they arrive in Phuket. From day 15, Sandbox customers can go to Phi Phi with 5 Star Marine.
- Expats living in Phuket are allowed to visit Phi Phi if they are fully vaccinated.
What are the REQUIREMENTS to go to Phi Phi?
- Anyone going to Phi Phi needs to pre-register with the National Park one day prior to going to get approval.
- 5 Star Marine will take care of the approval process for you, they simply need a copy of your passport and vaccine certificate.
- When arriving at Tonsai Bay, 5 Star Marine staff will manage the process with the National Park and will hand over the relevant paperwork where vaccination documents will also be checked.
What about CHILDREN coming into the Phi Phi National Park?
- Children 12 – 18 years old will need to show a negative Covid-19 test within the last 72 hours.
- Under 12-year-old children are allowed into the National Park, as long as they are with a fully vaccinated parent.
How LONG does it take to get there?
- It takes 45 minutes from our pier in Boat Lagoon to reach the Phi Phi Islands.
WHERE is open?
- Phi Phi Don has re-opened, where you can explore a number of coves, snorkeling spots, and even hidden lagoons. The water right now is stunning and turquoise with abundant marine life after having some time to rest.
- You are allowed to access most of Phi Phi Don – including Laem Tong Bay, Monkey Beach, and Tonsai Bay, and the village itself. However, please note that Tonsai village itself is quiet with little open at the moment.
It’s the perfect time to get out there and support the island and small community, and the fact that it is still quiet is an added bonus. With only a few small requirements needed prior to departure which the team at 5 Star Marine can help you with, what are you waiting for? Book your Phi Phi adventure now and experience it like never before!
Due to strong support by our local ex-pat community, 5 Star Marine is proud to announce the arrival of Lucus 5. Adding to our existing fleet of 3 VIP Custom Private Speedboats, Lucus 5 is a 39 feet speedboat complete with back decking, Bluetooth sound, 2 X 250 HP Yamaha Engines, VIP Matting, and full fixtures and fittings.
This boat is perfect for cruising to the Island Destinations surrounding Phuket like Phi Phi, Raya, Phang Nga, and beyond. It is comfortable in all sea conditions and can reach over 42 Knots.
If you are looking for a safe, reliable, and cost-effective Private Boat in Phuket then you can’t look past Lucus 5.
By default, any private boat tour booked with the 5 Star Marine team direct will include a transfer from your hotel across to our pier. For those of you who are looking for something a little more VIP or Unique, we offer a Hotel and/or Beachside pick-up.
For a small additional fee, we will move our boat from our pier up to your hotel or beachside and pick you up directly. This saves on transfer time and provides a unique and often romantic experience for you and your fellow guests.
Recently we have completed hotel pick-ups from Trisara Resort, The Surin, Panwa, Surin Beach, and Bangtao Beach to name just a few. If you are looking for ways to customize your tour and make it unique just ask us.
Nothing is too much for us and with our team of experienced captains and guides, we can navigate most beaches and hotel pick-ups. All you need to do is ask!