Experience stunning seascapes, tropical islands, and limestone karsts around Phuket and the surrounding islands in absolute comfort onboard one of 5 Star Marine’s Phuket Private Tours.
On your Phuket Private Tour, we will send a proposal with a suggested itinerary. Why do we say “suggested”? Well, when you arrive at the pier for your Phuket Private Tour, our experienced crew will talk through the plan for the day. They can make suggestions based on variables outside of our control such as the sea, wind condition, tide, etc.
The choice really is yours because when you book a Phuket Private Tour with us, you get to carve out your bespoke and unique itinerary with the help of our professional and knowledgeable guides. Enjoy your collaborated itinerary planning on the day, for a perfectly balanced experience.
On your Phuket Private Tour, you might select to explore hidden bays, canoe through caves, relax on deserted white beaches, experience exotic marine life in crystal clear waters or even adventure up to breathtakingly high viewpoints. When you book a Phuket Private Tour with 5 Star Marine, we are able to tailor a bespoke itinerary just for you on your day trip / multi-night tour.
You can pick from a range of exotic and stunning island locations on offer, or why not try our “Phuket By The Sea Tour” which is our unique Phuket Private Tour program that leaves from the 5 Star Marine pier in Boat Lagoon and travels under the Sarasin bridge before you could make your way down to Banana Beach past Surin, Kamala and Patong for example, stopping off at a few of Phuket’s top-class beach clubs.
Phuket Private Tour Destination Inspiration:
A few examples of exotic journeys you can make with 5 Star Marine on your own bespoke Phuket Private Tour:
- Phang Nga Bay to visit the infamous James Bond Island
- Phi Phi, including Maya Bay (which opened again to guests in January 2022) – the location of The Beach film
- Racha Islands soft white sandy beaches and abundant marine life
- Dolphin spotting at Koh Mai Ton
- Coral Island with full beach club, massage, and restaurant amenities at Banana Beach Club
- Krabi, Hong Krabi lagoon, and the 360-degree viewpoint
- Koh Ha and Ko Rok for something a little more exotic and lesser-known
- Easy to access and shallow snorkeling at the Khai Islands
- Tropical paradise in Koh Lipe
Your Very Own Phuket Private Tour
- Our crew will be dedicated entirely to you, your family, or friends on board; attending to your requirements for the ultimate Phuket Private Tour
- We can tailor a unique and customized program, to ensure the day exceeds your desires
- We are flexible on pick-up and drop-off locations to suit you (hotel, pier, beach, etc.)
- You can choose to remain at a lagoon or private beach for longer if you would like; you won’t have to fit in with a tour group timetable
- With a small and intimate group of people, you get the flexibility to make the day what you want
- You will get to discover hidden coves and caves that you will not experience on group tours
- We can organize a private beach picnic for your Phuket Private Tour
Phuket Private Tour Inclusions
We like to look after all our guests, so you can sit back and relax knowing that your Phuket Private Tour will include the following:
Explore the best destinations around Phuket, Krabi, Phi Phi, Phang Nga Bay, and beyond in ultimate luxury, with your very own, bespoke Phuket Private Tour.
Contact us to book your Phuket Private Tour:
This is one of our most popular VIP private speedboat day trips. This combination tour has a little something for everyone; from snorkeling with rich marine life, swimming in bright turquoise lagoons, seeing famous beaches and coves; to canoeing, spectacular karst rock seascapes, and of course the iconic James Bond Island.
Phi Phi is a particularly well know location in the Phuket region, with one of its iconic islands made famous after being featured in the 2000 movie, “The Beach” with Leonardo DiCaprio. The Phi Phi Islands have some stunning coral reefs abound with marine life, ready to give you an unforgettable experience, swimming, and snorkeling in crystal clear tropical waters.
Whereas the second part of the day trip is to Phang Nga which is truly one of natures’ spectacular works of art; where the vast karst rock scenery presents a visually stunning location. This area is all about the seascapes, canoeing, caving, and exploring, versus the underwater scenery and beaches around Phi Phi.
With so much to do and see in just one day, we recommend touring from 8 am – 6 pm for the full experience. So, let’s take a look at a sample itinerary (please note all tours are private and fully customizable to your requirements):
- Depart from the 5 Star Marine pier in Boat Lagoon and head out towards Phi Phi. Make a stop at Maya Bay, the most notable “Beach” from the 2000 hit movie, on Phi Phi Leh. Although you cannot currently, walk on the beach, it is still a fantastic experience to visit this beautiful and famous cove and take photos from a distance or swim off to the side of the Bay.
- Head around to Loh Samah Bay, which is a small bay on the other side of Maya Bay on Koh Phi Phi Leh. It offers some beautiful marine life and therefore makes for a good snorkeling stop-off point.
- Enter into Pileh Lagoon and enjoy a swim in the clear turquoise waters. This lagoon also starred in “The Beach” featuring Leonardo DiCaprio, as a spot where he dived off into the aquamarine waters.
- Explore Small Monkey Beach, where you can see these cheeky little creatures sitting on the karst rocks and relaxing on the beach!
- Continue onto Wong Long Bay, which is only accessible to smaller boats due to the narrow entrance to a bay. Luckily our private speedboats can fit inside so you get the opportunity to have a quiet bay potentially all to yourselves.
- Move onto Big Monkey Beach on Phi Phi Don, which is a great place for a picnic lunch with a soft sand cove beach going into a shallow bay.
- Stop for some more snorkeling at Phi Phi Don at Ao Nuoi and discover rich corals and marine life together with a picturesque beach setting.
- Take in the beauty of Bamboo Island – a stunning setting, with shallow clear blue waters and a picturesque beach. Enjoy some snorkeling in this area and you might even spot a blacktip reef shark.
- Head towards Phang Nga Bay and enjoy some canoeing and exploring amongst the caves and rock formations.
- Make your way towards the iconic James Bond island, which became a major attraction after featuring in the 1974 Bond movie, The Man With The Golden Gun. Then get your Bond Instagram to pose ready as you stand in front of James Bond Island, (Khao Phing Kan); An internationally renowned destination since appearing as the hideout for Bond’s antagonist, Scaramanga.
BREAKING NEWS – Thailand Prime Minister Announces No Quarantine For Travellers From Some Countries.
As Phuket and Thailand in general move to a “Live With Covid” model and look to restart tourism the National Government are making positive announcements to support the reopening of Thailand.
In a recent televised announcement, the Prime Minister suggested that from November 1st that travelers from some low-risk countries will be able to enter Thailand without any quarantine or sandbox needed.
Now the full rules and process for entry have not yet been decided but for a look at what we expect to happen please watch our latest update video below:
The weather is starting to turn, the seas are getting calmer and in addition, the islands around Phuket are still quiet.
So, this really is the best time to appreciate a VIP speedboat day out on the water with friends and family.
For clarity, 5 Star Marine have broken down the rules per destination for all our DOMESTIC / EXPAT guests; effective 1st October 2021.
Phuket Provincial Islands:
For the following islands, we simply need your Passport Copy, (on your phone is sufficient). That is it, no further requirements:
Out of Phuket Province Islands:
For the following islands we simply need your Passport Copy and Vaccination Certificate:
* Covid-19 tests are NOT required for any of the above islands.
** If you are unvaccinated a simple Antigen Test in most cases is all that is needed to visit these locations.
Here is a great graphic that summarises this all:
With the requirements hugely easing, please contact us to book your memorable day out on the water, or if you have any questions about the new rules.
Sandbox Day Tour
Enjoy a day sightseeing, caving, and even experiencing a picnic lunch minus the hordes of tourists around the fantastic seascapes of Phang Nga Bay and the world-famous James Bond Island – this is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience James Bond Island in peace and quiet.
Here at 5 Star Marine, we have a tried and tested Sandbox day tour to get you out enjoying the islands surrounding Phuket. In fact, we were once again the 1st company in Phuket to take sandbox guests out to surrounding islands; this time it was Phang Nga Bay
So if you are in Phuket and part of the Sandbox program, contact us to make this iconic day trip possible.
- Depart from our main pier at Boat Lagoon and head to Koh Yao Noi (which is part of Phang Nga Bay) to take a quick but necessary covid test (along with our crew also)
- Head onto Koh Panak for some sightseeing and stunning stalagmites
- Get your adrenalin fix canoeing and cave exploring at Koh Hong Phang Nga
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at the renowned James Bond Island
- Make a stop at the famous floating village of Koh Panyee floating village
- Make a quick stop to pick up the test results
- Then finally enjoy swimming at Naka Noi before the stunning sunset views captured whilst returning to the pier at Boat Lagoon
We are on hand to help you through each step of the process, but as an overview we simply need:
- ID card or passport per passenger (required the day before the tour)
- Vaccination record copy per passenger (required the day before the tour)
- We require this information to register you with the national park and local gov in Phang Nga Bay
- The MorChana application should be on your phone to check in and out
- 1 x Antigen Covid-19 Test per passenger (our fully vaccinated crew will take this test also)
How Many Nights?
- You can enjoy this fantastic day tour from day 15 onwards of the Sandbox Program
- You will need to provide proof that you have completed 14 nights in Phuket to qualify
- It is not possible to go pre-day 15; however, there are different day tours to Coral Island, Racha Islands, or Mai Ton you can still enjoy
Please Contact Us for our free concierge service to help with all requirements.
Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Award
We feel extremely privileged to receive this achievement from Tripadvisor, which celebrates companies that consistently deliver the very best experiences possible to its customers, therefore earning top guest reviews. This award puts 5 Star Marine in the top 10% of businesses on Tripadvisor and celebrates them as the ‘best of the best for ‘things to do’ on the platform.
Shaun Stenning, CEO of 5 Star Marine commented: “We are not just honored, but also humbled to have managed to stand out despite the current climate and adversities, and are delighted that we have continuously delighted our travelers. We sincerely thank all our wonderful guests for their continued support throughout the last year, and of course our crew and staff for their dedication, hard work, and community efforts.”
As challenging as the past year has been, 5 Star Marine have kept their service levels consistently high to ensure all of their welcomed speedboat guests received a truly 5-star experience. It is an honor to receive the highest ratings and guest reviews on Tripadvisor, and 5 Star Marine appreciates the recognition for all their staff and crew members who have made this possible and exceeded guest expectations time and time again.
“Congratulations to all the winners of the 2021 Travellers’ Choice Awards,” said Kanika Soni, Chief Commercial Officer at Tripadvisor. “I know the past year has been extremely challenging for tourism businesses. What has impressed me is how businesses adapted to these challenges, implementing new cleanliness measures, adding social distancing guidelines, and utilizing technology to prioritize guest safety. The Travellers’ Choice Awards highlight the places that are consistently excellent – delivering quality experiences time and time again even while navigating changing customer expectations and new ways of working. Based on a full year of reviews from customers, this award speaks to the great service and experience you provided guests in the midst of a pandemic.”
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for our Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best award, we appreciate the support from the best experts possible: You, our real guests who have experienced a private speedboat day or overnight tour with us.
PART 1: New Rules for Sandbox Customers
Phuket recently announced some changes for Sandbox customers; what they can do and where they can go. A brand new update states that Sandbox customers can now go to some other islands after their 7th day of being in Phuket (they were previously only allowed to travel to a handful of different islands after day 14 here).
Sandbox customers can currently go to Koh Racha, Coral Island, and Mai Ton. From 1st August the Sandbox scheme will extend further to allow guests to travel to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay which includes James Bond Island. Hong Krabi might also be added to this list, but this is not confirmed at this point.
PART 2: Why should Sandbox customers take a Private Tour?
We are not running ‘joining group tours’ for Sandbox customers. This is because we are simply trying to minimize the effect a potential positive Covid-19 test would do on our guests. For example, on a group tour if there was one positive case on the boat, then everyone else who went on the boat would need to quarantine too. So, the safest way to take a boat tour is with your friends or family you traveled herewith, (you probably came in on the same flight and are staying together also).
PART 3: How is Sandbox helping the local Phuket Community?
For over 16 months Thailand has been economically devastated, and we have been running a food relief program during this time for an island that depends on tourists to survive. So, the Sandbox is the first step to reopening Phuket and inject some much-needed funds back into the economy. It also provides opportunities for the locals to start working and earning again as demand very slowly starts to return.
Of course, we recognize there are risks associated, but by international tourists coming here, booking hotels, eating at restaurants, taking day tours, taxis, etc. it all helps local people start working again. The good news is that money is being injected into our economy by the Sandbox program, and for this we are grateful. With our 5 Star Marine boats out on tour, it is supporting our captains, boat crew, admin staff, transfer drivers, plus we are supporting other local businesses like Ann’s Kitchen who provide our guest lunches, the shops that supply our soft drinks, and fruit for each boat, etc. The ripple positive effect is beneficial to a number of people and gives Phuket confidence to keep going.
So, we want to say Thank You for supporting us, so we can keep supporting Phuket.
Here’s what you need to know about the island hopping, the check-in process, the do’s and the don’ts for your first 14 days as a Sandbox customer:
Where can you go in the first 14 days?
Within the first 14 days of arriving in Phuket, Sandbox customers are currently able to go to:
- Coral Island
- Mai Ton
- A combination of these 3
Where do Sandbox customers depart from?
There are 3 sandbox customer departure points in Phuket, these are:
- Ao Por
- Chalong Pier
- Rassada Pier
What paperwork is required?
Before the departure date, Sandbox customers need to provide:
- Passport copy
- Vaccination documentation
On the day of the tour please also bring your mobile phone with MorChana app installed.
What happens when you get to the pier?
- Check-in on your MorChana app on your mobile phone
- Your temperature will be checked
- 5 Star Marine team will help submit your documents and paperwork to the Marine Department
After these 3 steps, you are cleared to get onto the boat and can enjoy your day trip!
What happens when you return to pier?
- Once again, you will need to check in on your MorChana app on your mobile phone
- Your temperature will be checked
- You can then get on the bus to return to your hotel
So, as you can see there is plenty that Sandbox customers can enjoy, see and do for a day out at sea. Snorkel or relax on the sandy beaches at Coral Island, try your luck at spotting the friendly dolphins around Mai Ton, or go a little further to the white beaches and fantastic marine life at Racha.
5 Star Marine can help at each step of the way, they have tried and tested the process, are TAT SHA Plus certified, and will make sure you have a day to remember.
Contact us on 093 720 6221 to book your Sandbox-approved day trip.
We are excited to announce that we have been keeping ourselves busy in the last few days by taking a giant (out of water) leap and moving into our brand-new office space. This has been a natural progression for us, as we continue to expand our business to meet new domestic and international market demands.
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 situation, we are not able to do our grand opening just yet and invite you all to see our new space; however, with our tours now resuming, and international bookings coming in, plus our valued customers coming into our offices it is important you all know where we are now located.
Don’t worry, we are still based in Boat Lagoon, Phuket; and to make things easy we have remained on the same side of the pier, just a little further down (about 150 meters) in our new two-story glass office.
We are just settling into our new space, and as we all know things take a little time to get just right, but we hope to welcome you for the grand opening as soon as we are able to.
Please follow the Google Maps link below to meet us for your tour, or feel free to drop by if you fancy saying hello and seeing the team!
During the last few weeks, our private boat tours have been put on hold to help keep Phuket safe. During this time, we have been able to concentrate on our charity efforts as well as finding safe and responsible ways to get our VIP guests back out on the water. Our piers, boats, and office have all been thoroughly cleaned by Government provincial teams, plus staff members have been PCR Covid-19 tested – and we are happy to report that all of our fantastic team are officially Covid-19 free.
Therefore, from 1st June 2021, we are looking forward to welcoming back our existing VIP guests as we will be re-opening with a range of limited private trips. Please note that all guests will be required to complete a short Declaration Form prior to being accepted on board, and also must comply with all Provincial announcements. These precautions and regulations will enable us to re-open our operations on a smaller scale to keep staff and guests safe.
Re-opening at this point is important to give our staff the opportunity to work again and keep motivated during these difficult times. We also want to give you the chance to explore some exciting destinations whilst the seas are still calm, and the islands are blissfully quiet and beautiful.
From 1st June 2021 we are able to offer private small group tours to the following destinations:
If you would like to book a trip to the aforementioned areas, please get in contact to book and fill in our Declaration Form.